We had a nice Valentine's Day. Gift and card exchange this morning, the consumption of some Bomboy's chocolate. Dex had school today and came home with lots of valentines and stories of eating cookies for snack. I made him a special heart shaped lunch, because I just didn't have my shit together enough to make it for breakfast this morning. After nap we made some chocolate covered strawberries for Daddy (and us), and then we took Puff for a walk in the wagon. Dinner was fabulous steak and shrimp and roasted asparagus and chocolate covered strawberries and John totally owes me because it was FANTASTIC. Dexter ate about seventeen shrimp. And now Dex is off to bed with his new Taggies blanket, which we bought with his birthday money from Aunt Maria. So technically his blanket is from Aunt Maria, and he LOVES it. I went in to check on him last night and his blanket was right up wrapped around his face. He has a favorite tag and everything. Thanks, Aunt Maria!
FIT class today was "The St. Valentine's Day Massacre" and it was quite torturous. With a partner, we did 200 squats, 150 push ups, 150 kettle bell swings, 100 wall balls, 8 laps of running, and 200 sit-ups. While one partner did some of the exercise, the other partner held a 25 pound weight above her head. Til her arms fell off. And then the partners switched. So after your arms fell off, you got to do some squats. Or some sit-ups. OR. OR. Some push ups. Which totally killed me. I have the wimpiest arms in the universe (although, far less wimpy than they were in September). During class there was a fire drill, and man was I happy that Dex wasn't there for school any more because that sucker is LOUD and he would have freaked right the hell out. I felt bad for the poor little babies in day care who got wheeled outside (brrrrrr) in cribs. They did at least have some blankets over them. Poor little babies.
Here's some pictures from today. Thanks, Grandma, for the cute Clifford shirt!
Ready for school, back pack in hand, red hat on head, Clifford shirt on cute body.
Heart shaped Birds Nest for lunch
Valentine's lunch - heart shaped bacon, heart shaped egg and toast, round blueberries.
Totally happy kid eating cute VD lunch...
Dipping strawberries. A couple ended up on the tray for Daddy. Most ended up in his mouth.
Post-strawberry-dipping
Puff wanted to take Buddy for a walk today, and he only fits in the wagon. Dex wanted me to run while pulling the wagon. I said no, thank you.
Strawberry end product. They. Were. AMAZING. And also ridiculously easy.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment