Saturday, April 24, 2010

Coming Home

We brought CoCo home today. Not exactly how we'd WANT to bring her home - I'd love to bring home my cute fuzzy dog and give her a great big hug. But we brought home a nice cherry box with her name engraved on a plate on it, and with her ashes inside. Which now brings us to the question of what we're going to DO with CoCo. Leave her on the mantle of the fireplace? Which is maybe kind of creepy, but might be ok. Scatter her ashes somewhere? Where? Here? Sweet Briar? It's hard for me to leave her somewhere that we don't live any more. We won't be here for much longer. We haven't been to Sweet Briar in a long time. So - we'll think on it for a while and decide what to do. Some time.

Speaking of homes, it would appear we bought a new one. We're under contract for a new (well, new to us) house in New London, PA. It's four bedrooms, 2.5 baths, on a acre of land that has a horse farm right in the back yard. Sweet! It's a nice house and we're excited. We have home inspection on Monday, so I'll take some pictures and post them then. Hopefully we'll be moving the first week of June.

We're also thinking of our nice friends who are expecting a baby any second now. We're hoping they come home soon with a new bundle of joy!

Hmmm. Let me check the cameras and see if I have any new photos of the cute small child. Who is babbling up a storm this week. I fully expect perfectly clear complete sentences to be pouring out of his mouth by the end of the month. :-)


Future Ivy Leaguer, I am sure. I mean, why wouldn't Cornell want him, as he's eating a stick and beeping his horn?


Mmmmmm. Dip.


This playdate brought a renewed interest in rolling cars across the floor.


We stole a balloon from the neighbors


It is STILL a constant source of entertainment!