Thursday, April 1, 2010

Day 24 - Taking the Good with the Bad

The good news - CoCo is still alive. She just ate a tablespoon of yummy wet dog food.
The bad news - She's really bad off. Really really bad. The remainder of the day she slept, didn't drink, puked, ate perhaps three Cheerios, and had me worried the entire day.

The good news - The baby is fairly chipper, and it's gorgeous outside, which makes everyone happy.
The bad news - He's still sick, and coughing in his crib as I type. I'm still sick - I've felt like shit all day. John has a sore throat. The dog's a wreck. We're a mess of a family right now.

The good news - We got an offer on the house, made a counter-offer which was accepted. Hopefully a contract will be signed by Monday. So - YAY! Maybe, fingers crossed that everything works out as it should, we've sold the house!
The bad news - Closing is May 30. Which means we have under 2 months to A) decide where to live B) find a house we can afford and C) make an offer, have it accepted, and close on a house. All by May 30.

The good news - I only have 6 days of Jillian left!
The bad news - I still have 6 days of Jillian left!

Also, as I type this I am licking Bomboy's chocolate off my fingers. Dude - it's Easter weekend. What did you expect me to do? NOT eat my Bomboy's Easter egg?

A little compare and contrast. April 1, 2009. Dexter looks suspiciously at the woman holding the camera. Pays no attention to the flowers behind him.

April 1, 2010. Dexter looks suspiciously at the flowers in front of him. Pays no attention to the woman with the camera.

Funny how those dates worked out, eh? I really didn't plan that - just decided I'd better get Dex out there to get a picture with the flowers before they all died. Didn't realize til just now that the flower picture from last year was taken on April 1.

New fave pass time - open the gate. Close the gate. Open the gate. Close the gate. Repeat, repeat, repeat.

No comments: