Here's a few pictures. I need some help picking paint colors. And my word, there's some terrible window treatments in this house. But hey - to each his own. If any of you would like some lovely flowery window treatments, by all means - they are yours. FREE! They shall otherwise all be going in the trash. Hmmm. We should just tell the owners to take them with them. I certainly don't want them.
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
The entryway, stairs, living room. This color is fine, which is good because it carries through to the downstairs and upstairs hallways and would really suck to paint.
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
The dining room, with sliders out to the sun room. The dining room is really not as purple as it appears here. It'll stay this color for a while.
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
The kitchen. The wallpaper is terrible, and it'll go eventually, but probably not right this instant unless we find ourselves with extra time.
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
The family room looking in to kitchen and breakfast nook.
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
The family room, with terrible blinds that will go, and really terrible paint color. So - WHAT SHOULD I PAINT THIS ROOM? Brown maybe? Like not as dark as our basement now, but darker than our living room now? With an accent wall around the fireplace? What color? Reddish? Hunter green? Probably not blue, as there's blue on the other side of the house. Note this room will pretty much get sun ALL THE TIME. So is brown-ish a bad choice?
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
Master bedroom. The terrible window treatments will go, everything else will stay for now. I'm not keen on the border, but whatever.
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
Spiffy little office or sitting area attached to master bedroom. We shall use it as an office.
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
Crappy picture of the small guest bedroom. It's blue and it'll stay that way for now.
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
The super sexy purple guest bedroom. Ummmm, yeah. This one's getting painted NOW. I dunno what color yet. Does it really matter, as long as it's not purple?
![]() |
| From 2010 - 03 04 house |
This will be Dexter's room. It's currently white. It'll get painted now, too. But what color? His current room is a yellow that is WAY too bright. But I don't mind yellow. Maybe a deeper yellow. Like, what color did you paint your yellow room, Jeanne?
There's seven trillion more pictures of the inside and the outside of the house here, if you're interested.
We close on both places the end of May, and then we'll rent back the townhouse for a week so we can do some painting before we move in to the new place.
Looking forward to the new house! It's going to be HUGE and fun!
We close on both places the end of May, and then we'll rent back the townhouse for a week so we can do some painting before we move in to the new place.
Looking forward to the new house! It's going to be HUGE and fun!










2 comments:
That is so exciting, Alissa!!! congrats!!!
I am a big fan of sage green in bedrooms, like our last one. Still love the color. :) hehehe, I think the sexy purple has to stay. :) ehhehehehe, would love to come out and see it this summer.
good luck with everything. So happy for you all. let me know if there is anything we can do!
I love the house! It's amazing how different peoples tastes are. I agree with you on the wallpaper in most of the rooms. Our new house has the same problem. However, I have no interest in taking the paper down and really don't know how to put new paper up. So, I figure I'll live with it for awhile.
I love that you have a horse stable in your backyard. How appropriate! The hill your driveway is on reminds me of your house in Lansing too. :)
Have fun with this! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment