When I was packing up my stuff in January, I wasn't really thinking about April, and it being HOT, and me maybe wanting those short sleeve shirts and sandals I was stashing away in storage. Because in January it was COLD. But now? Decidedly not cold.
So Dex and I went to storage on Saturday to look for my shoes and short sleeve shirts, and our other printer, and some new toys for Dexter. Because also in December and January Dex got lots of cool toys, that I looked at and said "that's cool, but he doesn't know how to stack rings yet. And he doesn't walk. And there's snow on the ground so this cool car thing is useless." But now? Dex does all kinds of new things, and there is certainly no snow on the ground.
So, we're un-packing. Kind of. Not really. Just adding a few boxes to Dexter's closet. And maybe going back to un-bury one more box of Dexter toys. Cuz he's got some cool stuff that I want to play with! :-)

Wandering around the playground with a sippy cup of water. It's an awesome way to keep him hydrated, as he loves sucking on sippy cups.

Yay, Mom rocks! She took me to the Promenade Grill! And all she gave me was this lousy peanut butter and jelly sandwich!

The ridiculously cute game of "where is Dexter, hiding behind the chair and poking me in the back? OH! There he is!"

Dex sat on the ground giggling at this cool frog for a good five minutes before we tried to show him how to use it while standing up. This wasn't quite what we had in mind...

Hold on. Dropped my frog. Gotta pick it up.

Is this how you're supposed to do it, Dad? But then the frog bites me in the leg!

Damn. I fell down. I'll try crawling with the frog instead.

Ah, to hell with it. That frog is a lot of work. How about I eat this here Lego, instead?

OK, so I am pushing the button... Push. Push. PUSH. How come no sound?

Ahhhh. I have to pull the string! Cool!

The boys return from a jaunt to the playground, via car.

One day in the car and Dex already has the "one arm out the window, college boy slouch" going on. Since this picture he has figured out the horn, so he spends the ride with two fingers in his mouth and the other hand just laying on the horn the whole time. He is a rude driver. Must be from New Jersey...

Today we went to the Promenade to look at sea gulls

Dude, Mom. I am busy here. There's birds to watch!

And geese to chase!
No comments:
Post a Comment