Monday, December 28, 2009

Business as Usual

We've had a week of fun Nonnas, Grandmas, Grandpas, and Aunts filling our house for the holidays. We've been out for two sets of family portraits. We've been out to eat far too many times for Mom's belly. I've napped in the car more in the past week than I have in the past two months. I've played hard. I've giggled hard. I've been a bit grumpy, too - seems like these days Mom is the only person who can make me happy if she's in the room.

But, alas, all holidays must end. This morning Daddy went to work again. I cried when he left - he hasn't left the house without me in over a week. Mom and I got back down to the business of filling our days at home by ourselves. We do a pretty good job of it, as you can see below.

We do lots of playing in the bathtub, both filled with water and empty (Fun! It's a boat! That's tipping over!):

I keep working on shoving entire slices of pears in to my mouth, with no regard for the relative size of the pear compared to the size of my mouth:

I try my hand at eating pumpkin:

I am not a big fan of the pumpkin:

I continue to work on my scrunchy face, as does Mom. Mom looks silly when she does her scrunchy face, but me? I just look cute:

And then I continue to work on climbing everything. Like this box, for example. It was completely my idea, and I needed no help from Mom to get on the box:

My idea ended a bit poorly, though (Mom's note - he was fine. Didn't even shed a tear.):

So - whee! Mom and I are keeping busy. It's not nearly as fun as when everybody is here to play with me, but we'll make do. And we'll catch up on some sleep...

No comments: