We're gettin there... Some time today Rocky shall make an appearance.
After a yummy dinner of La Cucina pizza (and dessert, of course!) last night we wandered in to the hospital a little after 6. By 7:30 I was having Cervadil inserted in to me, and then had to hang out in bed, hooked up to monitors, for 12 hours. John and I watched some TV and tried out the whole sleeping thing. I think we both slept a bit, but not tons. Sleeping with two monitors strapped to your belly is kind of a pain. It was entertaining, though, to watch my contractions on the monitor. Especially as I really didn't feel them at all (and I am not even drugged up yet!). I did finally start feeling a bit of cramping around 3AM. But am still not feeling anything bad.
So the Cervadil came out at 7:30 this morning, and I am now at 3cm dilated, 80% effaced. Progress! Now we're just hanging out waiting for breakfast, showering, etc. And some time after breakfast the Pitosin drip will begin.
It feels odd, this whole scheduled "let's have a baby" thing. John and I both seem to be remarkably calm, considering a child will pop out of me in the next 24 hours. Ask us again in about 2 hours - the calmness factor will have reduced considerably, I am sure.
And, yes! Internet connection at the hospital! So we'll send an email once Rocky arrives and we've settled a bit.
Here we go!!
2 comments:
Thanks for the phone call! I have already called and spoken to Gianna...and left a message on Larya's answering machine. We are so excited to hear all about it..you sounded WAY to calm! SOOOO glad you all are doing well...we can't wait to see a pic and to meet little Dexter! CONGRATULATIONS, MOMMY AND DADDY!!!
Yeah! Glad to hear everyone is good and I can't wait to meet the little guy. Congrats!
Post a Comment