Saturday, January 3, 2009

Random Thoughts

If this kid is already head down inside my belly, and has been that way for a while, does he come out with just an ENORMOUS head rush when we turn him right-side up? No wonder babies cry when they come out of the womb...

How much crap does one really NEED to take to the hospital? My bag is packed. Rocky's bag is packed. The camera bag is packed, save the laptop, which I am using til about the minute we go to the hospital. John's got a bag packed. We're going to have way too much crap...

You all are WAY too nice to us. I've been writing thank you notes for baby shower gifts all day, and I think I might be halfway done. Maybe.

Perhaps, some day, we need to pick a name for this child. And a middle name. Fortunately, we have a last name all picked out. :-)

Putting a car seat in a car without a LATCH system is a pain in the butt. For John, not for me. LATCH system, though? Kicks ass.

CoCo shall be seriously not amused on Monday when she goes to work with me and realizes that her back seat has been severely broken up by the presence of a car seat base.

Christie really freaked me out the other day when she said "Can you believe that by the end of THIS MONTH you'll have a baby in your house?" No, Christie. No, I can't believe it. Thanks for the reality check and the ensuing panic!

How much freaking football can be ON TV in one week? Five day weekend from work, and I have watched more football this weekend than I have all year. The Hokies amazingly pulled out an Orange Bowl victory.

OK, the above is a lie. I slept through most of the football games on TV this week...

Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Gary said...

Gee and all this time I thought that ROCKY might grow on you...guess not huh?...Yes go HOKIES...but I assume you must have read it online the next morning...lol...by the way OHIO ST. is playing right now!!!!!...lol...talk to you soon...I hope at least one more week anyhow...