Friday, January 23, 2009

Light at the end of the tunnel

This damn kid doesn't play fair. He doesn't like us, I think. Or maybe he likes ME way too much, and John just scares him. Can't say I blame the kid - John mostly just pokes him, or lays a hand on my belly and then flicks it with his other hand, to feel the resulting waves... :-)

Just got home from the doctor and the news from the pelvic exam is... nothing. NO CHANGE in anything, from a month ago. He's still sitting high. Still kicking my ribs (stop it!!).

But, because we are mildly freaked out by a similar story that happened with our good friends, which ended up ultimately in the placenta separating from the uterus and the loss of a perfectly healthy 40 week old baby... we're scheduled for an induction. Please, lord, it can't come soon enough!

So assuming Rocky doesn't grace us with his presence before then, we'll go to the hospital on Thursday night to get ready for induction, and get induced on Friday morning, January 30. Hope you're home next weekend, Christie Zukor! I have no idea how long labor will take with induction, but hopefully we'll have a healthy baby on Friday, as well. John is hoping that we'll be home in time on Sunday for the Super Bowl... Needless to say, we're not going to be going to any Super Bowl celebrations this year!

My mom, of course, thinks this is tremendously funny. She was late with my sister, and two weeks late with me (IN AUGUST, as she likes to remind me). Payback's a bitch, eh?

Not the news I was hoping for today - I was really hoping for better progress and not having to induce. But at least we have a date. I work better with a deadline.

1 comment:

Gary said...

You know you have not come this far to think like that...it is possoble that your dr. mis-judged the due date by a week...it happens and you eluded to it's not uncommon...chin up girl you will be fine and so will Rocky...your horse is running down the home stretch with the finish line in site...and the BLUE ribbon will be your's...no pun intended...lol