While everyone in Maryland was getting rained on by Tropical Storm Hannah, we were in nice, hot, sunny Blacksburg Virginia for a Virginia Tech football game. First home game of the year, so they of course played a nothing team. Where's Furman College? We have no idea. Apparently, we were told, they're a good 1-AA team. And in the first half it looked like the 1-AA team would cut up the Hokies and have them for dinner. Hokies finally redeemed themselves in the second half, and there was actually some scoring happening.
Breakfast with a guy my dad used to teach in high school, football game in the hot sun, and dinner with my cousin who goes to school at Radford - and that was it for me! I fell asleep at 8pm in the hotel. Nice relaxing weekend. And I was psyched that my friends Katie and Brian got scared off by the storm, so they stayed home in Blacksburg instead of going away for the weekend. We met them for lunch on Sunday.
I miss the Burg. Wish we could find John and I both jobs down there. I'd move back in a heartbeat!

Corps of Cadets color guard displays the colors

Mom, Dad, and John in all their Hokie gear. John's eating lunch - kettle corn!

The Highty Tighties (I swear, that's what they are called) march and play on the football field.

Cheerleaders lead the football team out of the locker room, with their big Hokie flags

I love these seats... When we buy these seats from Kevin and Carla we sit on the 20 yard line, and actually have to walk DOWN the steps to our seats, in Row R. Nice! Hokies are in all white this game.

The Marching Virginians play during half time

John and I, and a couple thousand of our closest Hokie Friends, getting a nice sunburn!
1 comment:
Awww - Rocky's first VT game!
Post a Comment