It's my busy time of year at work. I'm organizing a golf tournament that happens in 10 days. Less than two weeks after that is the Gala I organize, and the following day is the Big Kahuna - Maryland Million Day (October 4 at Laurel Park - excellent day of horse racing if you want to come!). Between all that there's slots promotions, an open house for Maryland horse farms, and a desk that never seems to be able to get cleared off.
So I had a check-up today at the OBGYN, with a new midwife (we just see them all, because who knows who will be on call when Rocky actually decides to make an appearance). Appointment was at 8:30. We showed up early. And the damned midwife showed up, running through the door with her purse and her jacket, at 9. 9!!! I was less than impressed, which I am sure she gathered when she asked me how I was feeling and I told her that I was feeling pissed off because she was making me late to work. She tried getting the sympathy vote - but I live in Baltimore and have to drive all the way here. Not going to work on me, sweetie. I work in Baltimore. I know the drill.
Anyway, I was so irritated that I got nothing out of this visit, and I instantly hated this midwife. Let's please hope SHE is not on call when I give birth! The down and dirty - my uterus measures the right length for how far along I am, Rocky still has a heart beat, our blood work is all cool, and the ultrasound was good. Great. Thanks for nothing, lady...
Hopefully the night will end on a good note - we're off to baby consignment sale tonight to see if we can find some cheap stuff for Rocky.
No comments:
Post a Comment