Sunday, July 20, 2008

Vacation Day 1

Yay! We're on vacation!!!

Started vacation on Friday with meeting Mom and Dad in PA to give them CoCo for a few weeks. She gets to spend some time at Grandma and Grandpa's summer camp. Lucky dog! Also told Mom and Dad that I was pregnant, which surprised them a bit, I'd say... :-) I think they were excited!

Saturday morning we spent a couple hours with my friends Rich and Vanessa, then grabbed a ride with them to Dulles airport, leaving our car at their house. MUCH cheaper than parking at the airport! Dulles was empty and security was a breeze.

We flew in to Denver airport, which was pretty nice. Our flight to Jackson was delayed by 30 minutes or so - AC in the place was broken so they had to fix it before we could board. And then I spent the entire flight to Jackson with my nose pressed against the window. AMAZING. I love the mountains. And when we got OFF the plane? WOW. Jackson is a super cute little airport (emphasis on little) with amazing scenery. This photo doesn't do it justice.

Jackson Hole is a cool little town. Our hotel was tiny but clean and nice. Grabbed some great food and John had a good beer at the Snake River Brewing Company. It was yummy - kind of reminded me of DuClaw's at home. And then we walked back to the motel and crashed.

I was not successful in sleeping past 6AM Jackson time on Sunday. We thought we were all early and stuff when going to breakfast, but apparently people get up at the crack of dawn here to go out to do stuff. We were about the only car left in the parking lot!

I'll post more about Sunday's adventures later. It's way past my bed time now!

Thanks, everyone, for the nice comments and emails about our pregnancy news!

2 comments:

Rosanna said...

Wow, wow, WOW!!!! I am so excited for you both...a little Norman on it's way....what a fabulous way to ring in 2009....I know it is a lot of work..but so rewarding to have a little one to love and introduce to this world....I wish you both all the best and I hope the little one treats you nicely Alissa these next several months!!!! I can't wait to meet the lil Norman!!!!

have a wonderful trip and I am so excited to see your pics from yellowstone and tetons!!!!!! wooohhooooo

Cheers my friends!
Love, Rosanna

Rebecca, Dave, and Joey said...

AWESOME news, we're so happy for you both! You guys are going to be great parents. How do we know...well, it takes ones to know ones? Heh heh! Seriously, its all in the attitude, and you two have great, laid back attitudes which will go a LONG way in child rearing. And Alissa, please keep up the hysterically sarcastic blog posts, you crack me up!

Love, Dave