Thursday, July 17, 2008

Start Spreading the News

So, it's official. Went to the doctor today and heard a foreign heartbeat inside my belly. No, I didn't get a heart transplant. I am pregnant!

I'll give you a second to pick your jaw up off the ground...

Good? Back with us? Yes, you read that correctly. I, the person who said I would never have a child, am pregnant. And, yes - it's on purpose.

Why'd I change my mind? Call it getting old, I guess. Plus, a girl's allowed to change her mind. That's what girls do best, right? John wanted a kid, too. So - here we go!

I'm officially 13 weeks along now. Far enough along that the baby's heartbeat could be heard, when the little sucker wasn't dancing around inside me. I told John that's a sure sign it's a boy, right? Kid won't sit still. :-) And I did ask - there's only ONE heart beat, right? Yes, yes. Only one. Whew!

One more visit to the doctor in 4 weeks, and then I think we get a slip of paper to go to get a sonogram. Then we'll be able to see if the baby is going to have my nose or John's...

Due date is January 23. And there's some other posts in this blog that tell you a bit more about the first doctor visit, how crappy I felt for 2 months, etc. Fortunately, now that we're 2 days away from vacation, I am feeling much better. Still stomach aches every now and then. But on the whole, much better.

Next stop for us is Yellowstone National Park! We leave on Saturday for a 10 day vacation to Yellowstone and the Tetons. This shall be a well traveled kid, before it's even born!

10 comments:

John DiMeo said...

WHOA. Did not see that coming! All you Gorons who work near here know that quarry-quake that occurs around 4:15 every day??? Well, I think my jaw hitting the ground just did that.
Congrats guys!!!

Heather said...

OMG!! That is wonderful news Alissa and John. So happy to hear all is well!!!!! Many Many congrats. Hope you have a wonderful vacation and hopefully we willsee you guys soon! Congrats again :)

Anonymous said...

Well I must say I know you have shocked the world with this...I bet you wish you had a camera when you told me...my lower jaw still hurts...glad to hear your dr visit went well...enjoy your vacation and I can't wait to see those 2 or 3 pics I know you will take...oh and tell John I have plenty of cucs!!

Dr. Larysa Nadolny said...

Yeah! So excited! You two are going to be awesome parents. Keep us posted...

Carol said...

My jaw is permanently fixed to the floor now. Holy cow, congratulations! Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy. Hope we get to see you soon! Congratulations again!

Anonymous said...

This is terrific news!!! I'm so happy for you both. I'm glad you are feeling better. Only 5 more months to go! :)

Maria

Anonymous said...

Ooops. I meant 6 more months to go! Sorry. :)

C.DeHart said...

This is great news! I'm so happy for you guys. It also explains why Alissa wouldn't drink with us on July 5th during the fireworks. I just thought it was because she didn't like her company. Now we have to get DuClaw's to serve a non-alcoholic beer for you to drink.

Congrats again!

p.s. Gianna is no longer allowed to drink the water at your house!

Gianna said...

One more time...congrats! We're so happy for you!

ARGZ BLOGZ said...

To say that I'm stunned would be quite an understatement. It took me a while to figure it all out (my mind being in a strange place right now,) but I am SOOOOO incredibly happy for you guys!

AWESOME news! Congratulations!

Best, Rick, Amy, Arden & Grayson