Sunday, July 27, 2008

OK, HERE are Old Faithful pics

It's been a long and tiring couple of days in Yellowstone, but we're having a great time. No worries, Mom. We're fine. I just need to be in better shape for all the walking we're doing. Or John needs shorter legs... In real time, it's after midnight in Jackson Hole, Wyoming. We just drove here this evening to spend three nights, and a couple days in the Tetons. So we said good-bye to Yellowstone today, but brought with us bug bites and some wicked farmer tans, complete with short lines and sock lines. I brought along a couple blisters and some holes in the insoles of my hiking boots. But the insoles can be replaced at K-Mart tomorrow - we're finally in a real town with stores! :-) In blog time, however, I owe you some photos from Old Faithful, way back on Monday. Seems like ages ago.

Gracie, Katie, and Kathy waiting for Old Faithful.

We're just waiting for a geyser, with a few thousand of our friends...

Finally! After all that anticipation, Old Faithful does her thing. We realized after the eruption started that we were in a bad spot - on the mist side, instead of on the water side. So it wasn't the best view. But, no worries - we could always come back!

The girls kind of watching Old Faithful. Later when asked what we just saw (the name of the geyser) they had no answer. But there's photographic proof they were there!

4 comments:

Christie said...

Hey, Guys!
Looks and sounds like you are having a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get home. Hope your blisters heal fast! It's surely not fun walking with those! And tell Papa John (hey, I like that name....I'm calling him that from now on...of course, with some stupid pizza jokes thrown in now and then) to slow down...you're hiking for 2! We miss you guys! Alissa - I'll miss you at movie night, especially since you can be my DD for a while now!! HAVE FUN!!!

Oh, and gotta tell you....Nadia walks around saying she has a baby in her belly now and she told my sister that your baby will come out after Christmas. I told her it will more likely be after her birthday. I'd say she's excited! It was too cute!

See ya soon!
Christie

Gianna said...

Just wanted to say Hi!! We're jealous of all the cool stuff you are doing/seeing! Have fun and we'll see you soon!

Love,
G & Chris

Gary said...

Sounds like a great time but I would have expected you to be more prepared...opps sorry that BOY scouts...lol...can't wait to see the rest of your pics...take care...oh and its your choice when you back bye the way...Gary

Jeanne Campbell said...

The girls are so cute!