Finally, after weeks of feeling like crap 100% of the time, my crappiness has dropped down to, oh, maybe 30% of the time. Not bad! Now I have a stomach ache only occasionally. After I eat a crab cake and a piece of cheese cake (that'd be right now) I don't feel so hot. But then again, who would?
John has always known I was nuts, but it's being seen in a whole new light now. Yesterday for a snack at work I brought six kosher dill pickles. Outstanding. Meat of any kind has almost zero appeal right now. If someone fixes it for me, I'll try it out. But I am certainly not going to pull some meat out of the freezer and say "yum, let's eat this!"
Water is finally my friend again, and I can finally drink more than one bottle again during the course of the day. Which, of course, means I spend a lot of time in the ladies room. Small price to pay.
Pasta is a main staple in my diet right now. And cheese. Although I got some Cabot extra sharp premium cheese the other day and was sorely disappointed in the extra sharpness of it. I thought maybe I was crazy, so I made John taste it, too. Nope - I'm not crazy this time. He said it tastes like Munster cheese, not extra sharp cheddar.
Mint, which used to help me make it through the day: I can't even think about it now - it makes me ill. So the mint M&M's I bought a month and a half ago? Still sitting in my office, half eaten. Shocking, I know! And I haven't had a piece of gum in my mouth for ages. Probably better for my poor ailing teeth, anyway.
Oh, and peanut butter. New favorite condiment.
Pistachios, already shelled, cost an arm and a leg at Wal-Mart, but are totally worth it. New favorite snack food.
Now let's hope that my stomach aches totally disappear by the time we go to Yellowstone. And that I can pack enough snacks to keep me going during the day. It seems like I am hungry ALL THE TIME. And if our cross country trip six years ago is any indication, John likes to survive on vacations with a diet of power bars and apples. I have nothing against this. As long as he doesn't mind me passing out from hunger...
No comments:
Post a Comment