Monday, June 30, 2008

Newport, RI

Never been to Newport, Rhode Island? Put it on your "To Do" list. We went there for the first time for a cousin's wedding, on the Norman side. Met the in-laws and the sisters there for a long weekend on the ocean. Nice! Never have I eaten better fried clams, along with super yummy fried cod and HUGE scallops. The ocean doesn't always thrill me, but hiking along it is fun. Checking out huge lobsters in the fish market is always entertaining. And milkshakes at the local creamery? Delish! The wedding was nice, too.

Needless to say, we ate A LOT over the course of the weekend, and I don't think we did enough dancing at the reception to work it all off. Oh - and I have decided to hire my friend Carin as a professional wedding crasher for every wedding I go to. Somehow a wedding is just not the same without that crazy girl on the dance floor!


We were scoping out a new "summer home". This one will do, I suppose.

John and I at the beginning of our Cliff Walk, before we were all sweaty and sunburned. Somehow nobody remembered the sun screen...


The Norman family poses on a cliff by the ocean.


Maria (John's sister) and I at the cocktail hour of the wedding reception. Yeah, this city sucks... ;-)


The bride and groom (Mike, who is John's cousin) cut the cake.


Pretty easy to dress this boy up and take him out. He cleans up alright.

This must have been AFTER we went outside and I stole John's jacket. John: What do you mean, you're cold? It's 75 degrees out here! Super sexy farmer's tan on my arms, eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your dream house in RI looks like the Best Western Moor HAll I stay at in England...I will send you a pic when you get back...