It's a grand experiment, figuring out what will make me feel like vomiting all day long, and what might do ok for my stomach. So far carbs seem to be my friend, along with nasty greasy bratworst. A little random, I know. Carb loading may be the answer for me for now. And it's the only thing that sounds even kind of good. Although I am sure I can figure out a way to eat anything John might want to cook for dinner...
Egg sandwich - bad idea.
Toast with honey - seems to be ok if later chased with mint M&M's
Cereal - TBD. That's next on the breakfast list to try, soon as I buy more milk
Milk - ok
Water - not the greatest, which is problematic. Water is pretty much all I drink.
Saltines - as a pre-gym snack, so far so good. And, bonus - I feel less light-headed at the gym if I eat some crackers before. Man, I HATE saltines, though.
Pasta and sauce - so far so good
Salad - much as I hate to say it, I don't think my stomach is a big fan. I'll keep testing it out, though
Bratworst - remarkably, OK!
Dinner in general has seemed to sit with me ok the past few days. Maybe because I have eaten and then gone out to dance at a wedding reception, or gone to ride a horse right after dinner. Activity seems to help the stomach ache.
Fruit - strawberries are good. Grapes, maybe not the best but I'm going to keep trying.
Ice cream - I thought this would be the cure-all. It was good for about 5 minutes. Then the stomach ache came right back. And it was even BOMBOY'S ice cream - the good stuff!
Mint in any form I have tried - this might be the miracle drug! Gum is about the only thing that allows me to get through the day right now. And mint crisp M&M's, which I discovered last night, have also seemed to help. Is it all in my head? Probably. But I'll keep eating the mint M&M's if my brain will tell my stomach it helps!
No comments:
Post a Comment