On our Christmas card this year I wrote that Dexter wanted to build rockets when he grows up. This is still true. In addition to building rockets, he is also going to live in a mansion. Next to his rocket building place. Also, he is not going to have to know how to do ANY chores, because his wife is going to do all the chores for him. Hmmmmm.
Erin, in early December, stated she wanted to be a princess when she grows up. This week she has changed her tune. She wants to be an astronaut when she grows up. And live on a rocket ship. She might also, perhaps, want to be a brother when she grows up (I kind of crushed that dream - sorry, kiddo, you're always going to be a sister). And she maybe would like to be a mom. But she can't decide if she wants to be an astronaut or a mom. You can be both, I told her. But I'm not sure she's buying it.
Maybe, just maybe, she will learn how to eat a blue-frosting'd cupcake properly before she poses for her astronaut picture. Or maybe not. Astronauts might not use napkins, either.
I do hope that both my little space-dreamers find whatever career they are looking for. Perhaps they can find it at the end of this double rainbow...
We didn't find any pots of gold. Nor did we win the 1.5 gazillion dollar Power Ball drawing. But the kids thought the rainbows were pretty awesome. :-)



No comments:
Post a Comment