It hasn't felt much like winter this winter. Til today. We're in the middle of a wicked Nor'Easter, which if forecasts hold true may dump two feet of snow on us. And bring 50 mph winds. All of which sounds like a good weekend to stay inside.
Except the children were pretty excited about the snow. And John needed to shovel out the front and the back doors so the dog could poop somewhere other than the front porch. And also because we were unable to open the back door. So I bundled up the kids, tossed the dog outside, and everyone played for a good 20 minutes or so. Before Erin declared she was "freezing" and needed to come inside. I'm, honestly, surprised she lasted as long as she did.
 |
| Almost deep enough to lose the dog out in the driveway. Almost. The wind blew a lot of snow off the driveway, so it's not quite as deep out there as on the back deck. |
 |
| But it was still pretty deep |
 |
| Put the children to work doing some shoveling so the dog could actually get off the deck. |
 |
| Bench is more comfy with a foot and a half of snow on it |
 |
| 15 inches, I suppose, depending on where you measured. We had 2 feet drifted against the back door. Thus why we could not open it. |
 |
| Erin made a seat in the snow, Dex was working on a snow cave. |
 |
| Somewhere, under all that snow, is a dog |
 |
| Dex buried in his snow cave. |
And then everyone dropped their snowy clothes in the sun room and came inside to get warm. Aunt Jeanne wondered why everyone always buys milk before a snow storm. I don't know why everyone else does, but we mostly do it so we have enough milk for hot chocolate:
John is outside snow blowing the driveway, Round 1, to be sure the snow blower can actually make it through the snow. Our road has not been plowed and I expect it won't be til tomorrow. We're eating leftover pizza for lunch, and just crossing our fingers that we don't lose power. Our snow is light and fluffy for now, but I think might turn wet and heavy later. Good for snowmen, not good for keeping on the lights. Everyone is at least slightly sick. Some more so than others. Dexter and I have both been sick for a solid week, with no signs of improvement.
Welcome, Winter.
No comments:
Post a Comment