Saturday, February 21, 2015

Fun in the Snow

We are having a little snow storm here today.  And John isn't even out snow blowing the driveway because 1)  we're not going anywhere and 2)  it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so why bother.  We did convince the children to go outside to play in the snow, though.  Dex was all for it.  Erin took some convincing, and stayed out for about five minutes before saying she was cold.  It was a little chilly, and windy, and it was snowing pretty hard.  But I still think she's a bit of a wimp.  :-)

She had just wandered outside.  This is how Erin "plays" in the snow

Daddy did convince her to get in a sled and go for a ride in the driveway.  And on her way inside she said "I had soooo much fun with Daddy!"


Dex actually had a tough time sledding til we got a track made.  The snow was deep enough that his sled would not budge.

Snowy!

Buddy likes playing in the snow

I love how she looks adoringly at her daddy

Woo-hoo!  Dex made it partway down the hill!

He gave up sledding and now is getting pelted with snowballs

This looks like trouble...



And even bigger trouble

Seemed like a nice day for a fire.  I think it was the first fire in our fireplace for the season.

Both boys were pretty fascinated.  Erin wanted to know if Daddy was going to make a snow fire.  I think she meant a fire in our fire pit outside.  And, no.  No, Daddy is not going to make a snow fire.
Fortunately we have nowhere to go tomorrow.  And hopefully the roads will be cleared before school on Monday.  Because Dex missed ALL WEEK of school, between sickness and a holiday and snow days and a day off Friday because it was too cold.  So, c'mon, school!  We miss you!

No comments: