Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thankful

We were talking about Thanksgiving this morning at breakfast (chocolate chip pancakes, YUM!), and about what we were thankful for.  Dexter stated that he was thankful for toy trains, because he likes playing with them.  And for yummy food.  And for Daddy.

And then as an afterthought he said he was also thankful for Mama, and only a little bit for Erin.  Because she is always telling him what to do.

Erin declared she is thankful for olives.  Me, too, kiddo.  Me, too.

I personally am thankful right now for the fact that there are two children playing in the basement while I am typing this post, and John is sorting cranberries before cooking cranberry sauce that only he will eat.  I am thankful that they are playing nicely together (or at least not yelling at each other), and that they are doing so without me supervising.  This older kid thing is kind of liberating.

I just found and posted on Facebook this little gem:

I am thankful for my big sister, who was often a pain in my butt but has become my closest friend.  And also for my mom and dad, who are always there for me and are wonderful grandparents.  Sorry we can't be there to eat turkey with you today.  We shall be eating dinner with our very own turkey.


PS - the quiet in the basement was short-lived.  Now Dex and Daddy are flying helicopters in the basement, while Erin is building a choo-choo out of cups in the kitchen.  Wish we had some toys for that kid...

No comments: