And Erin started swimming lessons for the very first time. I didn't think she would have any trouble with the skills - we've been doing them for two years. But I wasn't sure how she would handle being in a class without me being there. Especially since there was no school today, so I had Dexter with me, too, and we were in the pool swimming and watching during her lesson. We talked about it before class, and Erin claimed that she would be ok, and she would not cry. Damned if she didn't do just exactly that. She was a champ. Not a peep out of her. She followed instructions. She had fun sitting next to another friend and kicking in the water. She was super awesome and I was super proud. I didn't take a picture because I was in the pool with Dex. She essentially looked like this, except with a swim suit on. And her goggles on her forehead instead of over her eyes. Fashion statement, you know.:
Tuesday, November 4, 2014
First Lesson
This week is the first week of a new session of swim lessons at the Y. Dexter moved up to a new class - he is now a Starfish. And after over a year of essentially private swimming lessons because nobody else signed up for his class, Dex finally had some friends. Which I think is kind of good for him. He was excited when he came home last night because he was way faster than another kid.
And Erin started swimming lessons for the very first time. I didn't think she would have any trouble with the skills - we've been doing them for two years. But I wasn't sure how she would handle being in a class without me being there. Especially since there was no school today, so I had Dexter with me, too, and we were in the pool swimming and watching during her lesson. We talked about it before class, and Erin claimed that she would be ok, and she would not cry. Damned if she didn't do just exactly that. She was a champ. Not a peep out of her. She followed instructions. She had fun sitting next to another friend and kicking in the water. She was super awesome and I was super proud. I didn't take a picture because I was in the pool with Dex. She essentially looked like this, except with a swim suit on. And her goggles on her forehead instead of over her eyes. Fashion statement, you know.:
And Erin started swimming lessons for the very first time. I didn't think she would have any trouble with the skills - we've been doing them for two years. But I wasn't sure how she would handle being in a class without me being there. Especially since there was no school today, so I had Dexter with me, too, and we were in the pool swimming and watching during her lesson. We talked about it before class, and Erin claimed that she would be ok, and she would not cry. Damned if she didn't do just exactly that. She was a champ. Not a peep out of her. She followed instructions. She had fun sitting next to another friend and kicking in the water. She was super awesome and I was super proud. I didn't take a picture because I was in the pool with Dex. She essentially looked like this, except with a swim suit on. And her goggles on her forehead instead of over her eyes. Fashion statement, you know.:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment