Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Macaroni

Before bed tonight I was reading Erin Panda Bear Panda Bear What Do You See?  I read it a couple times before telling her this was the last time I could read it, and then because she is super sneaky she said it was HER turn to read it to me.  So she "read" to me, pretty admirably.  Sometimes she had to ask what the animal was, but she mostly remembered.  And then she got to the macaroni penguin.  And read, "Macaroni cheese, macaroni cheese, what do you see?"  HA!  HAAAAAA!

Grandma has been here for the past couple days, watching swimming lessons and hanging out with Erin while Dexter went to TheraPlay, and hanging out with Erin while I went to volunteer at school to help kids in Dexter's class trace their hand and cut out the tracing.  It's big, important stuff, man.  The kids have been delighted to have her here and shall be sad to see her leave tomorrow.

It was the last nice day before the Polar Vortex moves in tonight.  The leaves on our maple trees have FINALLY changed colors and are starting to fall.  I figured we'd better take advantage and grab some photos with fall foliage, before the fall foliage gets blown away, or snowed on, or frozen.  So this is what we did after Dex got off the bus at 11:30.  Until some grumpy kid decided she needed something to eat, and asked for a chocolate star for lunch.

"Dexter, hold mine hand."  I love it when this happens.

Leaf throwing
You can't really see Dex holding Erin's hand, helping her climb the well cap.

The best picture of the day.  I love it.  I love it when Dexter's idea of climbing the tree (he needed my help, but once I got him up there he did great) turns in to awesomeness.




One last little bit of cuteness, from Monday.  He rides so gently and carefully when she is on the back.  It warms my heart.

No comments: