Monday, May 27, 2013

Old Friends

I was trying to remember what toys Dexter was playing with at this age, because it seemed like Erin was getting bored with her baby toys.  My point of reference for this age is always Dexter at the Adirondacks.  He was seven months old then, and I can actually summon some vague memories from that week.  And it seemed like I took more than just baby toys there for him to play with.

So I looked in the basement in the two boxes of "Young Toddler Toys" I have.  Each toy I pulled out brought the thought of "Hey!  I completely forgot we had this toy!"  And maybe a couple "Oh, crap!  We still have this toy..."

Both kids were excited.  Dex was so psyched about a tower of stacking stars that plays music that he brought it out to the swing set and decorated the swing set with stars.  And then he decorated the table with stars at dinner time.  Goofy kid.

Not a new toy, just a new location.  I tossed Erin and her exersaucer out in the garage with Dex one day while I was making dinner.

John thought I was crazy, but the kids were entertained

Erin LOVED this letter spinning thing

I'm pretty sure Dex never tried to eat it, though


Dex was delighted to discover his old favorite toy, this godforsaken loud obnoxious steering wheel thing that I hate with a passion.  It's still loud and obnoxious and I still would like to remember who gave it to us so I can go put it in THEIR house, with a one year old boy pushing all the buttons.

And I finally dug out our backpack.  Erin was, as you can see, thrilled.  (She actually was fine when I was walking.  Not so fine when standing still)

1 comment:

Jeanne Campbell said...

and now that your bathroom has gone public...its officially make over time :)