Monday, January 17, 2011

The 365 Project

I read about a cool thing in the beginning of January - a project where you take and post a picture every day, and then at the end of a year you have a nice little reminder of things that happened that year. Take a picture of the same thing every day, or a theme, or just things that are happening with your life. Which is about all I can manage, unless you would count "Dexter" as a theme.

So why do it, you ask? Don't you take ENOUGH pictures already, woman? Dear Lord! You feel the need to take MORE?

Well, yes. I like taking pictures. I like capturing moments. Or artsy pieces of everyday life. Or fun expressions. And my goal with this project is to use the manual settings of my camera, try for no flash if I can (mostly because I am too dumb to figure out manual settings AND flash), and to not edit pictures before I post. No adjusting the lighting. No cropping. Just... what you see is what I took. How good can I be today? What has inspired me today? And hopefully along the way I figure out my camera a little bit more, and become more confident in the manual settings. I am all fine and good with them when things are standing still. But when you have, say, a VERY QUICKLY MOVING CHILD... all hell breaks loose and I freak out and just go back to auto mode. So, not everything is manual right now. Not yet.

Anyway - here's where we stand right now. I haven't taken anything yet today. We'll have to see what inspires me later, when the child finally wakes up (I do believe he is making up for his "I'm riding in the car looking at cars and stop lights, so I am not going to nap" day yesterday, as we drove home from New York. Thank the lord he's good in the car.)
New Years Day

Jan 3 - Giggling at the Flash

Jan 4 - Hess Truck

Jan 5 - Heading Up for a Bath

Jan 6 - Fruit (hey, it was late. John was like "Why the hell are you taking pictures of FRUIT?")

Jan 7 - Star Beads (another it was late, John saying what the hell, kind of night)

Jan 8 - Slinky. One of my faves so far.

Jan 9 - Trapped in the Moon Bounce. With flash, and on auto mode. It was the only decent picture I had from that day, though, so it was the big winner.

Jan 10 - Cooking with Mama. Yeah, ok. I didn't take this one. I'm cheating.

Jan 11 - Red Sky in Morning

Jan 12 - Snowy Nose

Jan 14 - Stupid Cat (I think I used flash and auto mode on this one. Not enough light at Mom and Dad's house)

Jan 15 - Small Hand and Beads

Jan 16 - Hiking Boots Playing

No comments: