What? What's the problem? Don't you think it looks cute? What do you mean, you can't see it?
Thing Numero Dos: I'm supposed to be at a friend's house right now, eating a seven billion course meal, while a babysitter sits here watching TV and my child sleeps peacefully. Instead, I am sitting on the couch listening to the child cough his lungs up, preparing myself for a long night of listening to a child cough his lungs up. John is eating a seven billion course meal, though, and he promised to bring me some leftovers. I sent him with tupperwares, just to be sure. :-)
Thing Numero Tres: When I was in New York last weekend Dexter discovered the drawing of a stop sign on his train table. And he learned how to sign "stop." And also cloud, and tree. But that's totally unrelated to this story. Anyway - John taught him that a red light means stop and a green light means go. And this entire week, that is the ONLY thing this child will talk about. Well, sign about. We'll be eating dinner. No red lights in sight. Suddenly - "STOP!" "Light!" "GOGOGO!" "Mama" "Drives." And we recite - Stop light? Green light? Yes, Mama drives. Does Mama stop at the red lights? Does Mama go at the green lights?
It's ridiculous when driving. Every stop sign I hear an "OOOOOOOOO" from the back seat, and then the sign for "stop." And I recite - yes, a stop sign. What do we do? Right, we stop. And look for cars. Now what? Right! GOGOGO! He sees a stop light way up ahead. Signs "stop."
He got SO PISSED when we parked in the lot for swimming instead of continuing to drive down the road on Wednesday. "There were STOP LIGHTS up there, Mama! I wanted to see the damn STOP LIGHTS! Screw this swimming thing!" It was a bad swim lesson.
Dear lord. It's cute and all. But after ALL DAY, for seven days straight? I'm damn sick of red lights and green lights, and every single thing that is red being called a "stop" and every single thing that is green being called a "GOGOGO." We need to teach this boy some new tricks.
The train has been packed away in the closet for a little while. But today seemed like a good day to pull it out again. Always a big hit, as long as you can handle listening to the train run for an hour straight.
Yay, train!
Yes, yes. That's the stop light. What do we do at a red light? Stop. Exactly. Also notice serious mouth breathing, from inability to breathe through nose. Meaning - inability to suck fingers at bed time. Meaning - sleeping is sucky. Meaning - long night ahead.
New vantage point.
Dex finds it helpful to put your nose right up to the train track as the train goes by.
Buddy helps to play with the garbage truck. As it drives right by Dexter's nose.
Multi-talented garbage truck also doubles as a horse and giraffe carrier.
If you're playing with the garbage truck you'll also see this sign, which means that the snow plow pushes snow. What's that got to do with garbage trucks, you ask? Good question.
Dex wears his sweatpants like all the cool kids - one leg up, one leg down. That's how he rolls.
So I could be productive tonight and get out the Christmas decorations, and rotate Dexter's toys, and do something else that's on my list but I've forgotten right now. Or I could watch Grey's Anatomy and take a nap on the couch. Yawn. I know which choice I am making...
No comments:
Post a Comment