Thursday, December 9, 2010

Reading

Nonna and Grandpa, with some help from Aunt Marilyn, sent us a very cool early Christmas present:


It's cute, and he's been playing with it often. But I have yet to hear an entire page of the book, and I don't know if I've heard more than about the first three pages.

Twas the Night Before Christmas is also super good for bus driving:



We've got some other Christmas books from Grandma and from Nonna, so we're trying to teach Dex a little bit about the holiday. Our Christmas tree is up, with no lights or decorations yet. Dex thinks it's ok, but keeps walking in to the living room, snorting like a horse, and then signing "tree." Yes, small child. I know. You used to have a play horse there. Now there's a Christmas tree.

So we're working on some holiday spirit down here. Grandma and Grandpa are visiting this weekend to go to Longwood and see some Christmas lights. We'll see what Dex thinks about that.

OH - is that not THE CUTEST when Dex calls himself "Dah?" He started that last week. He's got Mama and Dada down pat (so fun), and now he calls himself "Dah." He loves looking in the big mirror after his bath, pointing to me and saying "Mama" and pointing to himself and saying "Dah." It is wicked cute. He has also, randomly, and at random times, declared that he is all done with Baby Signing Time. I asked him if that meant he was going to start taking and he nodded yes. That has yet to come to fruition. But maybe soon...

No comments: