Tuesday, December 14, 2010

O Christmas Tree...

Last Wednesday we bundled up the boy, took the truck to the corner by the candy store, and picked out a Christmas tree. Dex enjoyed romping all over the 50 foot square tree yard, and really liked it when Daddy held him so he could see all the cars stop at the stop sign. And also the moon was out, so that brought great excitement as well. He really cared not at all about a tree, though. So I suppose it was for the best that we didn't all trek out to the tree farm and cut our own tree. It would have been cold. Colder. Maybe next year.

Anyway, I think I mentioned before that we put the tree in the front window of the living room, which is where Dexter's bouncy horse was. So for a few days he kept pointing to the tree and snorting "horse." But then I finally put lights on the tree Friday night, and Grandma helped me decorate the top half of it, and Dex came down the stairs on Saturday morning like this:

He was most excited by the star on the top of the tree, which I picked up for ten bucks at Wal-Mart because I thought he would enjoy it. John did say, though, that I have to be careful about picking up crap like that for the tree. Because now we're likely going to be stuck with this damn Wal-Mart star on our tree for the next 30 years. He has a point, I suppose. But, really, this is so damn cute that it's probably worth it.

I tried to get him to help me decorate the tree, but he only lasted about three ornaments. He thought it was far more fun to just play with the ornaments while they were on the table. And he continues to ask me to take the little blue star off the tree, so he can carry it around the house. The boy does love his stars.

No comments: