Tuesday, May 4, 2010

SHHHH. You Can't See Me...

... Cuz I am wearing CAMO!

Kind of an inadvertent, but decidedly cute, choice of clothing this past weekend - camouflage all the way, baby.


Just checking to be sure nobody can see me...


Look! I can spin the wheel by myself! Wait, what? You can't see me? Oh, right. Camo.


You can't see me... sliding down the cool slide. Which, by the way, is a lot easier in the winter when I have clothes on all parts of my body.


You can't see me... looking cute in Daddy's arms. Mere seconds before baby meltdown. We spent, perhaps, a bit too much time outside in the hot this day.


You can't see me... running away from Mom and Dad.


You can't see me... stealing Mom's water bottle. And wearing my super cute tank top and my shorts that are camo WITH TRUCKS. How awesome is THAT??


You can't... Ah, crap. You saw me!!


I don't care if you can see me or not. Double fisting is tough work.

Dex and I went to the Havre de Grace Decoy Festival on Sunday. It was... A lot of ducks. Which, fine. Checking out someone's paint job and how realistic they can make a piece of wood look is fairly entertaining. For about five minutes. But it lost its charm after a while. Let's just say that I'm not sure why people pay six bucks to go to this thing, and I don't see any need for me to go back, ever. Dex was entertained with walking down the trail to go over to see retriever dogs, though. And then he got hot and tired and hungry and we went home. The End.

Dex had his 15 month check-up today. Our last at this pediatrician, as we are (hopefully!) moving next month. Short and sweet - measure, check baby, vaccines. I have no questions and no issues. Dex is an easy boy. Also, a TALL boy. He's 33 1/2 inches tall (95% plus), 25 1/6 pounds (50%) and has a big head. He dropped a little in his weight percentile since 12 months, but he's also started RUNNING since then.

John is at this "Team Building" thing for work tonight. They went to a Blue Rocks (baseball) game in Wilmington. Which is fine, but I wish they'd call it what it really is - an excuse to leave work, drink beer, and watch baseball. All in the name of "better work relationships." Sure... Good idea, though. I might need to start calling "Date Nights" team building instead. Perhaps we'd go on more of them.

Regardless of WHERE John is, I definitely miss him. This whole putting the baby to bed thing is just a whole lot of work. At the end of the day. When I've already spent all day chasing the baby around. When I don't necessarily want to spend another 30 minutes with him, reading "Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb" TWENTY SEVEN times. When I'd honestly prefer to put dinner away and do dishes. Don't get me wrong - I love the child dearly. And he's cute and sweet and it's no trouble putting him down. But really, at 7PM I am DONE. Stick a fork in me.

Volleyball practice starts this week. I am playing. John is not. He's feeling old and, well, old. And he's awesome and is volunteering to feed Dex picnic dinners on Thursday nights and then take him home and put him to bed. All so I can get to hit a ball, bruise my arms, and get sandy. I am looking forward to it.

Busy busy this week. Swimming, play date, volleyball, wedding anniversary, John's birthday, Mother's Day, etc etc. I think volleyball practice will completely cancel out the Bomboy's chocolate I'd better be receiving... Right?

2 comments:

Jeanne Campbell said...

Holy crap he can fit into that super cute colorado outfit already!

Jeanne Campbell said...

and Dex...really....whats with wearing the hat hood style? they don't wear it that way in the country...check out grandpa's hat sometime...(but don't wear it that way either)