Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Oh, damn, I'll have to lick the beaters

I am pretty sure I have never made a cake before. Because is requires getting out my mixer, which I usually have to look at for a while before I use it, to remember how it works. So that's just way too much work. And I am positive I have never made frosting before, because why make it when it comes in those handy, convenient cans that taste yummy when eaten with a spoon?

But we have friends coming over for dessert tonight, and I needed something to go with delicious pints of Bomboy's ice cream, so I took a stab at cake making. Don't get all excited - it's just a Dunkan Hines mix. And this frosting. But. OMG. I haven't had the cake yet, but the batter was delish. And the frosting? TO DIE FOR. And as there's nobody else here right now (ok, Dex and CoCo are here, but they are both sleeping and chocolate is bad for dogs. And babies) I suppose I shall have to make the ultimate sacrifice and lick the beaters all by myself.

No worries, sweetie. There's leftover frosting (I know - I didn't think such a thing existed. I must have done something wrong) in the fridge. You can mix it in with your ice cream tonight. Or just use a spoon.

No comments: