Saturday, August 29, 2009

Vay-cay Recap

We just returned last night from the Adirondacks, after a long, dark, and I think rainy drive. Who knows. The dog, the baby and I were sleeping. I have loads of laundry waiting to be done, an empty fridge, and I could really use a nap. But I'll put a few pictures here so you can see how fun our week away was. Some time later I'll post more of the (ahem) WHOLE LOT of photos I took. Somehow, a cute baby seems to be in 99.9% of them...

Here's Bear Dance Camp, at Loon Lake in the middle of freaking nowhere:
Yeah, this place sucks... ;-)
Somehow I never made it down to the dock at sunset. Ah, well. We'll just have to go back...

We brought both kids:
Plenty of room in the car... We could have at least fit another water bottle. Or maybe an M&M...

We did some of this:
And a whole lot of this:

And it was FREAKING COLD out in the mornings:
Also, check out how big the baby is, since the last time he wore this funny hat:
Click for link

We went to Lake Placid and saw some cool ski jump stuff:
We went up to the top of the jump on the right. Scary. You cannot see, AT ALL, where you are supposed to land. And it is TAAAALLLLLL. Nuts.


Too bad nobody liked playing with the baby... :-)

But occasionally we stole him back for ourselves (funny, somehow he always ended up with us when he was crying...)

And somewhere, somehow, in the three seconds that this child may have sat on the floor all week, he learned to do this:
Look out, world. Mobility is on its way...

And that's about it! We ate a lot. We didn't sleep nearly enough. John and I ran away for a night and left Dexter in the capable hands of his Nonna and his aunties. We succeeded in thoroughly tiring out the old dog. And CoCo also decided that her seat in the backseat of the car was not nearly comfy enough:
How come the kid gets this cushy seat, and I just get a fleece blanket? I swear, we didn't put her up to this. When we stopped, she first went over to the other side of the car to sit on the cooler. When we shooed her off there, she just stopped and rested in the car seat for a bit. Poor old pup. She's happy to be home.

No comments: