Thursday, August 6, 2009

It Takes a Village

Dexter, CoCo, and I safely made it to New York yesterday. Getting one small boy and one small dog to New York in one small car is no small feat. I owe some thanks:

Thanks, CoCo, for being the world's most perfect traveling companion. Every time I looked in the back seat you were sleeping (which is more than I can say for your brother). Every time we stopped you waited patiently for your turn to go pee. Every time it was time to get back in the car, you happily jumped right in (or got a boost from me, poor old dog who can no longer jump in to the car). You're allright, fuzzy brown dog. We'll keep ya.

Thanks, Wendy's in Clarks Summit, for having a quiet corner in which to park and nurse a baby, as well as a retaining wall that was the perfect height for a diaper changing table. We'll stop again on our way home. It also helps that you have kick-ass chocolate Oreo Frostys.

Thanks, built-in XM radio. Would lose my sanity without you.

Thanks, Opie and Anthony, for the 20 minutes of show replay I got to listen to while the baby was sleeping. Sorry I can't listen more - little ears, and all.

Thanks, baby feet, for being an excellent source of entertainment for Dexter for the entire trip. You were the only thing he could not throw out the side of his car seat. Lord knows he tried, but you kept coming back in.

Thanks, Huggies diapers, for containing stinky baby poop with no leaks. My love/hate relationship with you has now swung back over to "love."

Thanks, Lansing, NY, for being a place that people wanted to move to and raise their kids. Because of you, I have five amazing girlfriends who will be friends for life. We don't get to see each other often enough, but it's great fun when we do.
Dexter found himself a new woman friend. She looks pleased, eh?

Thanks, Chik-Fil-A, for putting pickles on your chicken sandwiches. And for being closed on Sundays, which is when John usually is in your vacinity, so he cannot eat you. So then when I go visit you, I can make him very very jealous.

Thanks, Mom and Dad, for being a fun place to come visit. The pool, the food, the beer, the ice cream, the beer, the beer, and the beer...

Thanks, honey, for being the best husband ever. I love you. We'll be home soon. Enjoy that middle of the bed while you can!
The main reason for my trip north - to meet these two cuties, and to see their mom for the first time in way too long.

No comments: