Monday, August 25, 2008

Finishing Touches

While John put trim on the outside of the new door on Sunday, I decided I'd actually DO something this weekend, and paint the front door. White on the inside, and "faded rust" or something to that effect on the outside, to match our nicely faded shutters. One would think that painting an already white door white would be easy, right? So, so wrong. White is an enormous pain in the butt. The icky color of orange-red that John made me buy was much easier!

John's outside trim turned out awesome, though, and he only had to run back to Home Depot once to buy a new piece of trim. Good work!

Front door before painting
John got to use his cool finishing nail gun
And he was THISCLOSE to buying a new framing nailer, too. But, alas, he didn't really need it.
Finished trim
Between coats of red
Finished product. If the door doesn't match the shutters, I blame John...
Posted by Picasa
Welcome to our new faded rust colored door!