Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Day

Back in May I taught Erin how to say Happy Birthday, for Daddy's birthday.  She skipped the birthday part, but came downstairs telling John "Happy Day."  It was so cute.  So today before we came downstairs I tried teaching her how to say Happy Father's Day.  She, once again, came down saying "Happy Day."  It was fine.  It made John smile.  And it WAS a happy day.  John and I went to brunch at The Whip and left the kids home with Aunt Maria.  Everyone took an afternoon nap.  We went to get ice cream.  And we did a little photo shoot with the kids and John, with special help from Aunt Maria to keep children entertained.  Bubbles, man.  They are a wonderful thing.  Erin also called Grandpa Cowan to say "Happy Day" to him, as well, and she had a lovely time jumping for Nonna and Grandpa on Skype.  Happy Day, indeed.

This was the best photo I could get of the three of them.  After about 20 shots John asked if I had any decent ones.  Well, no, I said.  No I don't.  But it'll have to do, because the little one's patience was running thin.

Cuz although this looks like laughter I think it is in fact a scream of protest.  Daddy, let go!

This one is pretty awesome, though.  Maybe we can photoshop in the baby...

And then the kids chased bubbles and threw frisbees 


Oh, yes.  And drove cars.  At one point every single bubble container we owned also was driving in the car.  It is currently a very soapy car.

No comments: