Monday, June 2, 2014

Amused

We thought we had the timing just right last June with our first Dutch Wonderland trip, so we wanted to go again this June before school let out and things got more crowded.  Today was bright and sunny and not terribly hot and it was a PERFECT day to play hooky from school and work and go to an amusement park.

I thought the daredevil baby would be FAR more bold than she was today.  She tried some things, but mostly only once.  And the fast rides she was not ok with at all.  You know.  The fast rides.  Like the carousel.

Dex, however, tried almost every ride in the park.  Not the log flume, because he didn't want to get wet.  And not the big roller coaster.  But I think he did everything else.  I asked him what his favorite ride was and he said "all of them."  And when John was putting him to bed tonight he asked "Why do days go so fast?"

John tried explaining to him the whole "time flies when you're having fun" thing, and that days go by faster when you are having a good time.  Dexter's response?  "How does the earth know to spin faster when I am having fun?"

Man, I love that kid.

Here's a link to the picture album from today.  I'll do a video some time.  Not tonight.  Tired.

No comments: