Sunday, June 1, 2014

Friday Ice Cream

Friday afternoon seemed like a good time for ice cream.  The weather was nice.  The kids were hungry.  We didn't have anything else to do.  And Grandma and Grandpa needed a snack before they hit the road to drive home after their very very short stay with us.  So off to the corner we went.

Dex chose Blue Raspberry water ice.  His lips were STILL BLUE on Saturday.

Erin chose Cookies n Cream and ate the entire cup all by herself, mostly because she screamed if I tried to help her.

And we followed up our ice cream eating with a good romp up and down the porch and some Mahna-Mahna.  The blue lips running down the porch are awesome.

I love the corner ice cream store.  I hope it stays put and doesn't move to the fancy shopping center.  It's not nearly as much fun to sit inside a store to eat ice cream.  We much prefer sitting on the porch watching the traffic at the 4 way stop sign.

Here's a couple in the driveway while we were waiting for Grandma and Grandpa to get packed up and ready to leave.  Dexter loves his blue horse and the very similar blue dog (I bought both for Fair Hill and I hope I can sneak them out of the house in October).  Please don't tell him he is totally squishing the poor blue horse.


Erin showed me her teeth.

We really thought we deserved the ice cream because we worked hard during Erin's nap (Erin didn't work hard at all, that slacker) planting the annual flower garden.  We transformed it from a pretty ugly patch of weeds and some kind of plant that survived the winter to a fairly respectable flower garden.  It looks even better today with some mulch on it.

Before

Flowers.  My only rule was "No sweet potato vine."  Because it almost ate our pool last summer and we had to chop it down.

Had to do some weeding first

I found a worm for Dex.  He gave it a bath in a puddle and then put it back in the dirt and we had a discussion about how worms dig - by eating dirt and then pooping it out.

Somehow Grandpa convinced Dex to throw the weeds away

Dex placed the flowers, I planted them

I like the cool black petunias right in the middle.  Erin picked those.

Grandma came out partway through to supervise.


And then Dex gave the flowers a drink

Not all the watering was of the flowers...

Because, really, what fun would that be?

The final un-mulched product.  It always looks slightly unimpressive in June, and then pretty awesome in August.

No comments: