Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY 2014

Erin would like to wish you a HAPPY New Year!  Not sure how her year is going to get any better than this - wandering around the house carrying 2 mis-matched shoes and wearing the other pair of mis-matched shoes.  Ah, 2014.  It got started on the right foot...


2014 started off with a cool sunset on the first day of the year.  I love fall and winter sunsets at this house.  I wander in to the kitchen to figure out what I can whip up for dinner in 15 minutes.  Some pink-ish light catches my eye out the window in the door.  And...  BAM!

(in full disclosure, John took this photo with my very favorite 50mm lens.  On a tripod.  He'd have used the remote, too, if we'd have ever gotten it out of the box...)

Today was the first day in over a week that we've been home alone.  It was...quiet.  Dexter said he liked having house guests, and didn't want any single person to leave, ever.

Happy New Year!

No comments: