I thought it'd be nice to share a bit of the music with Dex. Wasn't sure how he would be, so we picked a family-oriented concert, that was free. Right up our alley. The Newark Symphony played "Carnival of the Animals" and some dance troop did ballet. And it was fun. Dexter was engrossed. Enthralled. Enraptured? That might be pushing it. But I think he liked it. He liked knowing what the different instrument sounds were. He liked watching the kids dance. And it took a little prodding on John's part, but he even enjoyed playing some instruments and dancing on stage after the performance.
I think even Erin was entertained. She held herself together fairly well. Cried once, but not for long enough for me to get out of my chair and out the door.
So now we're all cultured and stuff. And Dexter wants to take dance lessons...
Pre-concert. Both kids obviously thrilled. Also, Happy St. Patty's Day!
After concert. Erin was happy. Dexter wanted to get out of Dodge and go right home. I just needed to go potty.
Erin and Daddy watch the mild chaos of children banging on drums and shaking rattles and stuff.
Dexter. Cymbals. 'Nuff said.
And then Dex chose a pink scarf and climbed up on stage and danced his little heart out. And I said thank you, gymnastics, for helping my child be just a little bit more outgoing. See both video links below.
No comments:
Post a Comment