Me: Let's go to Applebee's for lunch.
Dex: Will it be the Applebee's that plays Tanking Bear of Business?
Me: What??????
Dex: The Applebee's that plays Tanking Bear of Business.
Me: OOOOOOH. Taking Care of Business. No. That Applebee's is at Grandma and Grandpa's house.
Riding the carousel at the Camden Childrens Garden
Dex (randomly, while eating dinner): What happens if you are big enough to drive by yourself and you don't need a Mama any more?
(so glad my job, to him, is perceived merely as the driver of the car)
Dex is a baby dinosaur
Dex (while at baby's non-stress test): What happens if there's a star instead of a heart? (He meant on the fetal heart rate monitor - a heart flashed every time baby's heart beat)
Me: I dunno (my standard response to these questions, because sometimes I really DON'T know, and because usually the child already has an answer to these "what happens if" questions)
Dex: Then I think the baby would have a star beat instead of a heart beat
He also is a lovely cup of tea
Dex: Why is there star on the Wal-Mart sign?
Me: I dunno
Dex: Because then they call it Wal Star Mart
At the air show with Daddy
Dex: What happens if Longwood isn't called Longwood?
Me: Ummmmm. They would call it Shortwood?
Dex: Yes!
Daddy: What was the favorite car you looked at today (we went to check out some Mazdas on Sunday)
Dex: All the ones with the American flags!
(He was, really, pretty excited about looking at cars. He liked all the colors, and he liked seeing how much each car "weighed" (cost), and he LOVED it when he found a car that was unlocked and he got to get in and drive.)
Dex: What happens if I eat all the table, and the couches, and the whole house?
Me: I dunno.
Dex: Then I could go work at my ice cream store. And I would give people's orders for water ice. And I could bring you all the chocolate and all the ice cream and all the water ice.
(I am totally down with this idea. The ice cream store is a FABULOUS place for Dexter's first job)
Dex and Daddy inside a C-47
Dex (to Buddy, while he was taking him for a walk): Do you have your listening ears on?
Dex (as we're driving in to the garage): What happens if you don't stop at the end of the garage, and you just drive right through the wall?
Me (wondering how he ever got that idea, because I certainly have never hit the garage wall...): What do you think will happen?
Dex: I think you will just drive right through the wall, and the whole house will fall down, and then I will go live in a purple house.
Me: Huh. Cool. Can I come live in the purple house with you?
Dex: OK. You can, because I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment