This last part actually happened, at like 12:45 or something. John, bless his heart, wakes up MUCH faster than I do and was in Dexter's room comforting him before I had any idea what was going on. By the time I was awake Dex was rambling on about how he wanted it to be yellow night now, and I thought about getting out of bed to yell OMG, child, it's 12:45 in the morning and Mama has only been asleep for TWO HOURS and don't you DARE think this clock is going to turn yellow any time soon - go back to sleep! But, alas, that would have required me getting out of bed, which seemed, really, like far more effort than it was worth. So I let John deal with it.
But this Sing Ring thing. He was talking about it again before nap time, wondering if the Sing Ring would come back, pointing to where it was on his wall.
I am assuming this was some random dream the kid had, and it kind of freaked him out, and he's nervous about going to sleep again and seeing this scary thing in his dream. But how do you explain dreams to a toddler? How do you explain that, likely, the Sing Ring isn't going to appear in his dreams ever again, or not for a while? And how do I know, really? I'm sure some people have repeating dreams. Maybe he'll dream about Sing Rings every night. Who am I to say?
I hope that his Sing Ring fears ebb after a few nights of Sing Ring free dreams. But if they don't? What do I do? Maybe we can get a bottle of "Sing Ring Go Away" spray...
Weird dreams were totally justified last night, as yesterday Dexter went through one last battery of tests for Early Intervention - he had to re-evaluated before his third birthday to see if he still qualified for services. So yesterday was a long day for everyone, and may well have been the cause of the Sing Ring dreams. Hopefully that stress is done and behind us now, as we found out yesterday that he will still qualify for services. All testing done now, til he's five. I think.
So what color should Sing Ring spray be, do you think? Purple? Pink? Green? Maybe just clear so it doesn't stain the wall...
| We made one last visit to Longwood on Saturday to see the trains before they went away. Still pretty inside! |
No comments:
Post a Comment