Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fired UP

The little man has a cold.  Which means his nose is snotting fountains.  Which means he can't breathe through his nose.  Which means he can't suck his fingers at bed time.  Which means he didn't take a nap today.  Which means he is ALL KINDS of fired up tonight.

I was cracking up listening to him over the monitor while he was playing in his room, cheerfully singing the ABC song.  Also cracking up listening to him singing who knows what while John was changing his diaper.  And then I went in to give him a good-night kiss and he was spouting off verses of "No more monkeys jumping on the bed."  Which I think he heard for the first time...  this morning.

So, hope you feel better, kiddo.  But this crazy Dexter is kind of entertaining, really.
I finished up Fair Hill clean-up Monday afternoon, so life is slowly settling back in to a normal routine.  I actually vacuumed the floor and cleaned the kitchen last night, which hadn't happened for a few weeks.  I went to FIT class on Tuesday morning, which means that today I can't sit down, stand up, or walk, really.  Yes.  Life is pretty much back to normal.
I Love You sign
Dexter, a little note to you:  Today we had a very shy friend over for a play date, and you were so very good at talking to him and asking him questions and including him in your play.  We helped that friend be a little bit less shy today, and I am really proud of you for doing that.  You rock.

You also put together your ABC train puzzle all by yourself, and you only had to ask me maybe three times which letter came next.  Kick ass, kiddo.  Kick ass.

No comments: