Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Banner Day

What makes a banner day around here?  Simple things, really:

Snuggling with your husband for six minutes before the alarm clock goes off.
Getting out of bed early enough to have plenty of time to play, and no need to hurry, before school.
Doing a tough work-out with a new friend cheering you on.
Swimming in the really really big pool with your son, but mostly spending a lot of time watching the "sun place" appear and disappear as the sun goes behind the clouds.
Hearing your son say that he decorated his "cool pumpkin" with "sprinkles"
Hearing your son say that Miss Danielle made some really good cupcakes with sprinkles.  School was all about the sprinkles today...
Eating bananas and green olives for lunch.
Reading "Horton Hears a Who" before AND AFTER nap time.  That's a hella long book, but I do really enjoy it.
Dexter taking a long time to fall asleep for nap time, thus making an extra long nap.  I got lots of stuff done.  Fair Hill - it's-a coming up soon!
Dexter asking to eat snack outside, and me having the ability to say "Sure!  What the hell.  We have coats."
Man, I love where we live.
Daddy coming home early from work to mow the lawn and roll around in the grass with the child and the dog.
Stomping and jumping in puddles and getting really wet.
Calling off dinner early because Dex wanted to make "I Love You" shadows on the sun place on the wall.
Post-puddle-stomping
Going outside to watch the sun set and see the moon.
Making a really big Dexter Sandwich before sending the boys up to bed.
Waaaay up at the top is the moon.  "I think it's a crescent moon," says Dex

Banner, man.  Total banner day.

No comments: