Monday, May 23, 2011

Four in a Row!

I know! You can't believe it! Four days of blog posts! IN A ROW! I amaze even myself.

I realized that I neglected to include one of my favorite cooking photos of John and Dexter:


This is pretty much how the boy helps. Pulls up a chair. Might stir eggs for a second before saying "Mama do it." Tells you over and over that you have to add cheese to the eggs. Puts about three pieces of cheese in the frying pan. Grabs an enormous handful of cheese to put on the counter. Spends the rest of his "helping" time shoving said cheese in to his mouth. Tells you when the toast pops up. Also fairly handy at sprinkling "cimmanin" on his toast with butter. I think that's how he says it. Or maybe "cimmamin." If you're lucky you can also get him to help carry plates over to the table. He concentrates so hard, and says to himself "Hold it up," as we tell him all the time so the food on the plate doesn't slide off in to Buddy's open, waiting mouth.

He's a very helpful boy, that one. And Buddy is proving his usefulness, too. I had Buddy at dog obedience school today and John managed to step on a meatball on the floor, and track it in to the dining room. Surely that would not have happened if Buddy had been home. I still have to vacuum more than I used to - damn dog sheds like mad. But I am vacuuming up dog hair, not food on the floor. Good boy, Buddy.

No comments: