If you're a grandma or an aunt, this cute card is coming in the mail to you. So here's a preview! We had two-year-old photos taken at Portrait Innovations on Friday, and they had a deal where you could get six free Valentine's cards with your package. So we did. And they are cute. Actually, our whole photo session was great. Dex was cheerful and comfortable with the photographer. She took 130 photos, and it was SO SO hard to just pick one pose and just stick to the ten dollar package limit I had set for myself going in. SO HARD. And the bastards don't just let you buy a CD, and they don't save the photos and post them online for grandmas to buy later (which, really, they should. They could make a KILLING off my mom). So I was having some serious buyer's regrets while driving away because there were some super cute photos that are now just POOF! Gone. Gone in to the digital landfill. Gone. Sigh...
Anyway, this was like photo number 127 out of 130. We had just about called it quits after about an hour of photo taking. Then I asked Dex if he wanted to sleep, and he dropped right down on the ground and pretended to sleep, then popped his head up and posed, no prompting required, for this adorable shot:
Yeah. I dunno what to tell you about the weird line across the picture. I just hooked up the new scanner, and this is what I came up with. I guess I'll have to read the directions... Anyway, grandmas and aunts will receive these in the mail some time soon, too. So don't go all crazy and print this crappy version off the internets.
Anyway - Valentine's Day. Today. This morning. Dex already has two balloons left from his birthday (that took a bath with him again yesterday) so I didn't want to get him another regular old balloon. So I got him a little heart balloon on a stick. It was a HUGE hit this morning. I also got him a talking card that barks like a dog. Another huge hit. So John and I got to snuggle in our nice warm comfy bed for a good 20 minutes while Dex played with his balloon and his barking card on the floor. Nice...
Dex now says "heart balloon" in addition to "car balloon" and "ball balloon."
We are apparently spoiled rotten chocolate snobs, as we both ordered and had shipped for each other a pound of Bomboy's chocolates. Even though we have a candy store less than a mile down the road from us. It just isn't the same. Bomboy's. So YUM.
And we had a bit of an impromptu playdate here today, as well. Six kids, five moms, and a small black dog. Dex rediscovered his cell phone and said he was talking to Grandma:
And we acquired a new dog. A two-headed one. Pink. Tremendously cute dog. But, unfortunately, only with us for the morning:
Dex and I are off to Giant this afternoon to pick up a couple steaks for dinner for John and I. It's a gorgeous 50 degrees out today, too, so I do believe we'll also take Buddy for a walk. Man, I can't wait for spring.
Dex says "I Love You" with a cookie. That's my boy...


No comments:
Post a Comment