Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Longwood with Dr. Z

It's gross and rainy today. My friend Suzanne is visiting from Virginia. We needed something to do that would be fun for kids and for real people alike. Ding! Ding! Ding! Longwood! After a quick walk to the conservatory, you take off your coat and wander around inside for a few hours. Winner!

I took only my nice new lens that I got for my birthday (thanks, Mom and Dad!) and got some really nice shots with it. As seen below:
The new addition of the conservatory, and a single mum plant with almost 1,000 blooms on it.
The main conservatory and cool, spiral mum plants.
Small cute child checking out some flowers
He has, I believe, spotted a "saaaah." Or, as normal people call it, the American flag. Very exciting stuff.
Main conservatory. We'll come back in a few weeks for poinsettias and Christmas trees.
Suz the scientist - how'd they do that?
Fluffy white flowers - how'd they do that?
Flowers not so fluffy any more.
Awesome orchid this super friendly volunteer pointed out to us. He admired my camera lens, and scolded me for not having a filter on it yet to protect the lens. I know, I know. Bad me.
Loved this room. Til small child had large meltdown.
And there he goes - off to the Land of the Meltdown...
Fun water we were not allowed to touch
A few roses were in bloom
Suzanne LOOOOOVED the Orchid Room. It's my favorite place, too. Wish I had the patience to grow orchids in our house.
Somersaults, anyone? Dex says, why yes. Yes, I'd love to.
Nap, anyone? Dex says, why yes. Yes, I'd love to.
Ended up in the best garden ever created. Dex LOVES this place.
Thus far, dry. Did not last.
Cuz then we went here. And this happened. And the only bad thing about the cool new lens is that when you turn the flash off, it's not quite as quick as one would want. But it makes kind of a cool effect, anyway.
Oodles of giggles for the traveling water.
That is one hella cute child we created.
The obligatory "Why you gotta be taking my picture, Mom?" posed shot that never works, so why do I bother?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great photos, Alissa. What a treat.