Sunday, November 28, 2010

Leaf Pile

Tis a gorgeous day here in the middle of nowhere. The sun is shining. The wind is calm. The child who has been really sick for a week is finally able to get outside to play. He's feeling much better now, thanks. He is off all antibiotics and steroids, save the inhaler thingy. We'll try not to overdo things for a while, though - we'd not like to repeat Monday's trip to the hospital for a chest x-ray...

Anyway - John's going to mow the lawn one last time before winter, as soon as Dex wakes up from his nap. So he figured maybe he should rake up some leaves first. And Buddy and Dexter and I decided maybe we should play...
Mmmmmmm. Check out my yummy runny nose...

Up past my knees in leaves. Daddy helps me out.

Wheeeee! Running through leaves!


Dexter down! Dexter down!

Huh. What's Buddy doing with his head in the leaves?

I do believe I'll join him!

Daddy has piled some leaves on me so I can make...

LEAF MONSTERS!!!

Damn. I know it's here somewhere. Where the hell is my...

SHOE! There it is!

The sign for shoes. Which he got new, yesterday. As Mama braved the outlets in Lancaster for Buy One, Get One 50% Off at Stride Rite. I bought six...

Holy cute. Also, those mega canine teeth reminded me - he's got his two-year molars in top and bottom on the right side of his mouth. Just waiting for the left side to catch up.

Under that hat, you'll find a child in desperate need of a hair cut.

No comments: