Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sunrise, Sunset

I'm loving the view from the back yard these days, with sunrises (well, not so much now that the time has changed - I don't get up early enough) and some really spectacular sunsets at each end of our yard. Put some pretty horses in the background and you have a tiny piece of paradise.

I really think they do the time change now for high school kids so they don't have to wait for the bus in the dark. I was feeling bad for them before the time changed, as I was walking the dog in the dark in the back yard, in my PJ's, while the high school kids were waiting for the bus, in the dark, but dressed and fed and showered and stuff. Truthfully, they make me feel like a big old slacker.

I spent the day doing pretty much nothing, except writing a letter for my Christmas cards. And napping. And feeling generally blah and icky. Perhaps that's why Dex hasn't been eating the past few days - he might be feeling generally icky, too. But no fever, and no snotty nose for either of us. Hopefully the icky feeling will go away soon.

Oh, so Dex and I went to the Y for the first time yesterday. I dropped Dex off at the child care room and went off to read a book on a bike for an hour or so. Went back to fetch him and they said he didn't cry at all. Hooray! I also hired our first honest-to-goodness babysitter for a dinner we're going to in a couple weeks. We'll get this kid socialized yet!

Sunrise on one of the first frosty days. The photo didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. It was super pretty with the sun just rising (this was a few weeks ago) and the frost on the ground.

Sunset today. I love how you can see all the airplane tracks through the clouds.

In between sunrise and sunset, the boys play with horses...

Both kids making random faces. WTF? Actually, I think it's Dex making the sound for "horse" and Buddy eating deer poop. YUM!

Hey, look, Mom! A horse!

Like father...

Like son. Why's everyone got to give the camera the stink eye?

Giggles when the horse snorts at him

More camera stink eye.

Daddy helps with posing

A little swing action at the end of the day

WHEEEEEEEE!

Excellent way to end the afternoon

No comments: