Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

In celebrating the spirit of Halloween, Dex wore a cute shirt yesterday, and today we FINALLY got off our asses and went to a goddamn pumpkin patch, because that's what you're supposed to do with your kid. It actually was cute and little and fun and also about three minutes away. SCORE!

BOO! And stuff.

This cheap-o Halloween pumpkin thingy from Wal-Mart has been a pretty big hit this year.

Dude, Mom, I'm busy. Can't you take pictures some other time?

Super strong. And making "I am pooping my pants" face from all the effort.

But OF COURSE you load up your wagon with blocks. And a sippy cup. And a plastic orange. What else would go in a wagon?

I love 1) Dex checking to be sure all his blocks are still there and 2) Buddy looking on, wondering when he's going to get run over

Our highly unsuccessful attempt at capturing the glow-in-the-dark BOO shirt. Needless to say, photos without flash + small child = HUGE DISASTER

Cutest pumpkin patch I have ever seen. Actually, maybe the only pumpkin patch I have ever seen. Did we go to a pumpkin patch to pick pumpkins when we were kids? Or just to the grocery store? I have no memory of either.

Dex picked this fab green pumpkin. Cuz green rocks.

Then he kind of also picked this one, too. You can see he's super psyched about it.

But he still wants to try to carry it home.

The hay ride was way more entertaining in theory than in actual reality.

Thanks, nice person at the pumpkin patch, for a nice fall family portrait. Also, note John's new "I'm totally ready for winter - now I can really FEEL the cold" hair cut.

Ummm. Yeah. Dex not thrilled about hay ride. John's given up trying to cheer him up.

The pumpkins are 40 cents a pound, but it doesn't say how much we have to pay for the small child...

It appears we went home with about 55 pounds of cute today, though. Dex weighed in at 30 pounds at the doctor this morning (he went for a possible ear infection, that proved to be not an ear infection. Yet.), so 25 pounds of pumpkin is currently sitting on our front porch. That's a lot of pumpkin seeds.

Dex is not going trick-or-treating tomorrow night, but will get re-dressed as Pooh and can help answer the door for a while. Or, alternately, he can be dressed as Pooh and can run screaming in terror from the door when people ring the door bell. Or maybe he'll just play with his trucks. Any way it goes, he'll be dressed as Pooh. For maybe an hour.

Also, the news from the neighbors (I just met the nice neighbor husband this evening) is that Halloween here is NUTS. Like kids are trucked in on hay wagons and stuff. Nuts. Sounds like fun. We should have enough candy. Unless I continue to eat it all between now and tomorrow night...

Trick or Treat!

No comments: