Anyway. Fair Hill. I am the chick in charge of Special Events. Which meant organizing four different dog demonstrations, a Kids Corner (which thankfully someone else runs, cuz I would completely tear out my hair if I had to deal with that many kids all day long), Mini horses, a puppet show, a falconer (dude with birds of prey), and some Pony Club Games. Oh. Right. And also some ridiculous Shetland Pony Races. That one was dumped in my lap a week before.
So. BUSY. Thankfully someone helped me with dog events, as I had five billion places to be at one time on Saturday and something would have seriously slid through the cracks if I didn't have her. We were graced with great weather over the weekend (after a cold and wet first day of competition on Thursday), lots of people came out to watch the three day event, and plenty of people took advantage of all the special events. Which always makes me feel better. Nothing sucks more than inviting someone to come do something and not having anyone there to watch.
Dex hung out with Nonna and Grandpa during the week, and stuck close to his Daddy over the weekend. He seemed to have plenty of fun. Nonna has way more energy than I, and actually plays with Dex the whole time. While I am more like "sweet, Dex is playing with his train, I can wash dishes in the other room."
Here's some photos of the weekend:
Buddy came to Fair Hill for three days. Besides some puking in the car, he was a very good boy. People loved him, and he sported an FHI shirt for a day.
Standard poodle doing agility
Friday dressage day
Saturday morning cross country. John took this photo - he, Dex, and Nonna came out for the morning.
It was chilly
Little girl enjoying bubbles during the puppet show
Little little palomino horse doing the three star. His little belly was skimming the tops of jumps.
Tiny mini horses. Large person.
Terrier racing was funny and drew a pretty good sized crowd.
Ridiculous Pony Club kids just run along next to their ponies then jump right on. Crazy. But, their ponies are short...
Always crazy how close you can get to horses on course during cross country.
I usually don't watch this fence. It's insane. Like a five foot drop.
Cute Pony Club pony
The Falcon Guy. And his bird. Someone said he looked like Benjamin Brat's brother. Hmmm. Kind of. He was cute and nice and people liked him.
More Pony Club Games. Baton hand-off.
And some cute classic cars. It was a nice day on Sunday to hang out, watch horses, and look at car engines.
And that was Fair Hill! I've missed it - I haven't been involved for the past two years. They definitely missed me. Because I. Am. Awesome.




No comments:
Post a Comment