Round about a week and a half ago, or maybe more, the cute small child woke up from a nap with snot fauceting out of his nose and a cough so wet and gross that I thought he might drown in his own lung fluid. He vacillated between acting fairly miserable:
and acting completely and utterly normal, just needing a tissue carried with him at all times to mop up the faucet:
And then the sickness morphed. To some diarrhea, cha-cha-cha. To some red, red monkey butt. Chapped, red, raw, cry-inducing butt. For FIVE DAYS. With a child who was, again, mostly fine. Sometimes eating nothing at all, sometimes downing two bananas in one sitting.
We kind of didn't inform Aunt Jeanne that she was visiting the House of Sick for Labor Day weekend. It appears she left fairly well unscathed. I, however, didn't fair quite so well. Immodium was my friend for for four days or so.
The whole house was back to normal for the weekend (except for missing John) and I thought we'd kicked the sick. Until today. After nap. Diarrhea. Crying while wiping. More icky poopy during snack. More sadness while cleaning it up. DAMN IT! Cut us some slack, poop. We've got STUFF to do. We've got a POOL to use before it gets cold, and I won't let the boy go in the pool with his gross poopy buttocks. Cuz I am NOT cleaning that out of the water...
So Grandma's coming down this week to shop and to babysit. Sorry, Grandma. I don't think they make Immodium for babies. Hopefully we'll kick the sick (AGAIN!) by the time you get here.
(We got a new basketball net, that John can dunk on...)
(Dex thinks other people's shoes are cool)
Sick but cute





1 comment:
ur lucky Rocky that ur stinky butt did not get on me, or wave over to me :) love ya lots, but not enough to call in sick for a few days! lol
Post a Comment